Duranies Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New playlist from Nick Rhodes

Go down

New playlist from Nick Rhodes Empty New playlist from Nick Rhodes

Post by Dalia Rhodes Thu 04 Oct 2007, 10:23 pm

Nick has chosen a new playlist. "Nite-Runner" and "Falling Down" are sticking around from the last playlist, since we naturally want to keep the new songs in the rotation. Here's what Nick says about his choices:

1. Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile)
2. A View to a Kill
3. Breath After Breath
4. Falling Down
5. Nite-Runner

There is a slight theme to my choices, which is collaborations.

The first song, "Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile)," was written by Steve Harley and released by his band Cockney Rebel in 1975. It was a Number One single in the UK for many weeks and, despite being about the breakup of his band, an incredibly uplifting piece of music. It was one of the first cover versions that Duran Duran ever performed, and although we never recorded it in the studio, it became very popular in our live show. This version was recorded at Hammerstein Odeon in 1982 and became the B-side of the single release to "The Reflex."

"A View to a Kill" was Duran Duran's first real musical collaboration with another artist. It was written in 1985 for the film of the same name, and we worked with John Barry, who had previously scored many James Bond films and had co-written title tracks. The idea was to merge the sound of Duran Duran with the sound of Bond.

On the song "Breath After Breath" we collaborated with the Brazilian artist Milton Nascimento. His style of songwriting and performance was very different to ours – but we were able to produce a piece of music that incorporated elements of both styles. The track became one of the highlights of "The Wedding Album." Milton is a remarkable artist.

"Falling Down" was the last song to be written in the sessions for the "Red Carpet Massacre" album. It was recorded over a 36-hour period in Manchester, UK together with Justin Timberlake.

"Nite-Runner" was the first track to be written and recorded for the "Red Carpet Massacre" album. We were in the Studio in September of last year with Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and Nate Hills. They are a pretty formidable team, and on our first day together this is what we created.
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2007-06-04

http://www.myspace.com/sikki6

Back to top Go down