Duranies Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran

+3
glamourjunkie
SimonsMistress
Dalia Rhodes
7 posters

Go down

Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran Empty Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran

Post by Dalia Rhodes Thu 19 Jul 2007, 2:01 am

tell us your history everyone has a different one.
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2007-06-04

http://www.myspace.com/sikki6

Back to top Go down

Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran Empty Re: Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran

Post by SimonsMistress Tue 24 Jul 2007, 2:26 am

For me, it was back in '82. I heard a song from Rio, can't remember which one, and loved it. I've been HOOKED ever since.

CAN'T WAIT for Red Carpet Massacre.

SimonsMistress

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Back to top Go down

Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran Empty Re: Hey when and how was the firts time you sow and heard Duran

Post by Dalia Rhodes Wed 25 Jul 2007, 12:17 am

well i cannot remember exactly... they always liked me but til last year when i sow them again on iTunes (i was searching information about what happens tomorrow)i fell in love also in a few tv shows that i watch like CSI, and Las Vegas they mention lots of times Duran Duran so they become in an obssesion to me lol... since then i meet cool duranie ppl on the web and other not so cool but they go to the older chat so i don't handle with they anymore.
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by glamourjunkie Wed 25 Jul 2007, 12:33 am

for me it was when I was really little since around the time I was born, Big Thing had come out and I remembered fainting hearing "I Don't Want Your Love" but the first time I got to see the guys was on a commercial for a 80's radio station here and they had clips of HLTW Smile

glamourjunkie

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalia Rhodes Fri 27 Jul 2007, 5:48 pm

cool!
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Sat 28 Jul 2007, 8:56 pm

*clears throat*

How much time do you have? Very Happy

Right!

First head of Duran Duran when I first saw a View to A Kill - for obvious reasons.

Really liked Ordinary World as a kid too - did not click that they sung it!!

Then in 2004, my stepmum got the Greatest CD (well named!! Very Happy ) and I have been hooked ever since.

Well, thats it in basic - I could chat for ages!! Very Happy
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 623
Emploi : JT's Cornish Pixie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalia Rhodes Wed 01 Aug 2007, 6:51 pm

cool stoy Sarah
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DDuranWo Wed 01 Aug 2007, 8:59 pm

I cannot remember the first time that I've heard DuranDuran,but it must have been in the early eighties.In the very beginning.
I have very old DuranDuran songs on tape.Recording to those tapes,I liked them not far after their start as a band!!
I remember,when they were chosen to do the theme song for James Bond.When Reflex was a number one hit in Holland.And how we drooled over ''Save A Prayer"' and John. guitar2

DDuranWo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalia Rhodes Wed 01 Aug 2007, 10:08 pm

awwww i miss the 80*s
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DDuranWo Fri 03 Aug 2007, 11:34 pm

Same here,Dalia... cheek kiss

DDuranWo

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Sun 05 Aug 2007, 4:27 pm

Wish I was in the 80s!! Very Happy
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2007, 3:38 pm

I first heard about Duran in 1984 when The Reflex was a number one hit in Holland.
Actually it's all my fathers fault.
He loved The Reflex so much, he sang it non-stop. I remember that made me curious and when I saw the video on TV I got infected with the Duranie-virus.
I'm a bit ashamed to say I went to my first Duran-concert in 2005 in Amsterdam. I was too young in the eighties to go to any gigs. So I actually waited for 21 years to see the guys live. It was worth waiting for. Can't wait for the next tour.

Back to top Go down

Post by DDuranWo Sun 09 Sep 2007, 4:01 pm

Same here,Tommie.Amsterdam 2005 was my first DD concert.
Better late than never. king

DDuranWo

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Sun 09 Sep 2007, 6:11 pm

I haven't seen them live Sad Hope I can next time they tour UK!! Very Happy Very Happy
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by witchy Tue 02 Oct 2007, 6:59 pm

I was listening to the radio on the way to care for a friends horse and (this was 1981) Planet Earth came on and i danced a33 the way t6 the stables. That was it i was hooked. I first saw them live and met Simon in 1983. (He lived about 15 mins away from my house!)

witchy

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DDuranWo Thu 04 Oct 2007, 11:42 pm

Really,wow how cool Witchy...

gonnie AND guitar2

DDuranWo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2007, 7:29 am

witchy wrote: (He lived about 15 mins away from my house!)

Really?
Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by witchy Tue 09 Oct 2007, 9:04 am

yeah it was pretty cool.Easy to get to.
I sometimes saw him and his brother David going to the pub in my village. I was too young to go in the pub of course( being only 15 at the time.) but he always said hello.

I used to hang out with friends at his house in Pinner. If he was home, he always came out to say hi.

witchy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2007, 8:19 pm

Wow that's cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by witchy Thu 11 Oct 2007, 6:22 pm

yeah they were great times! That was pre Yasmin days, he was engaged to Claire at the time. She was really nice.

witchy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalia Rhodes Fri 12 Oct 2007, 9:38 pm

GREAT HISTORY!
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by witchy Sat 13 Oct 2007, 1:28 am

Those were the days my friend!

witchy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tea Thu 17 Jan 2008, 12:45 am

I fell in love with them in 1983 when my aunt gave me the SATRT album (That's right. VINYL) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Unfortunately Iwasn't allowed to go and see them in the 80's (too young, according to my parents). I saw them for the first time in April 2004 at the NEC.

And so my obsession started again. I have to admit I kinda left them behind for a while Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I have since made up for it by going to see them 3 times in 5 days in Dec 05, what a fantastic week that was. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jay Tea
Jay Tea
Mad Duranie
Mad Duranie

Female
Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Thu 17 Jan 2008, 10:46 pm

*jealous* Very Happy Very Happy
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ~~Dax_JT~~ Fri 04 Sep 2009, 1:37 pm

Well I became an official duranie about 1997 in june 20! I heard the song Planet earth and I fell in love with them immediatly!
~~Dax_JT~~
~~Dax_JT~~

Female
Number of posts : 44
Emploi : love all five members from duran duran
Registration date : 2008-04-26

http://z.dajana@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down