Duranies Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-)

3 posters

Go down

Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-) Empty Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-)

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Sat 11 Aug 2007, 2:43 pm

Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran: My Life in "Duran Duran" (Hardcover)

Synopsis
When 19-year-old Andy Taylor returned from his band's tour of military bases in Germany and saw an advert in Melody Maker in April 1980 asking for a 'live wire guitarist' to audition in Birmingham, he saw his chance. Even he could not have predicted what happened next. The group, Duran Duran, released their first single, 'Planet Earth', ten months later and soon became the biggest band since the Beatles. Emerging in the post-punk era, Duran headed the New Romantic movement and with their stunning videos and style consciousness, they set the trend for the consumerist 1980s. Popular with everyone from rockers to Princess Diana, they had a string of massive worldwide hits such as 'Rio', 'The Reflex' and 'A View to a Kill'. They won Grammys and an Ivor Novello award among many other things. By Live Aid, in 1985, they were at their very pinnacle of succes - and then the band began to fall apart. At the centre of it all, giving the group its musical pulse, was lead guitarist Andy Taylor.In this revealing and raw memoir, Taylor recalls the highs and lows of an unbelievable period where the squeaky clean facade hid the truth of wild partying as five young men took just about every opportun

lol! Laughing guitar2
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 623
Emploi : JT's Cornish Pixie!
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Back to top Go down

Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-) Empty Re: Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-)

Post by Dalia Rhodes Tue 14 Aug 2007, 9:58 pm

WOW..........
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2007-06-04

http://www.myspace.com/sikki6

Back to top Go down

Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-) Empty Re: Autobigography!! hehehehehe! woooo!! :-)

Post by DDuranWo Sun 26 Aug 2007, 9:39 pm

Can't blame them for the wild partying,they had the change...
As for Andy,I miss the guy... Cool

gonnie AND guitar2

DDuranWo

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Sun 26 Aug 2007, 10:15 pm

I miss him too... Sad

And who wouldn't have wild parties in their position! I agree!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2007, 8:37 am

We'll have to wait till autumn 2008 before we can read all about this Wild Boy.

Duran-time..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Simons-Little-Bon-Bon Wed 12 Sep 2007, 5:50 pm

yeh at first i thought andy was a waste of space but tbh it hasnt been the same without him

barbz
Simons-Little-Bon-Bon
Simons-Little-Bon-Bon
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1001
Emploi : Simons in house sex slave

https://duranieskingdom1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2007, 10:06 pm

Simons-Little-Bon-Bon wrote:yeh at first i thought andy was a waste of space but tbh it hasnt been the same without him

barbz

I agree with you although I think Dom is doing a great job replacing Andy.

Life hasn't been the same since he left Duran....... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalia Rhodes Fri 14 Sep 2007, 11:07 pm

The Andy Taylor autobiography Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran is now available to preorder on Amazon.com!
Dalia Rhodes
Dalia Rhodes
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 371

http://www.myspace.com/sikki6

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Sarah*~ Sat 15 Sep 2007, 3:22 pm

I know!! Crazy times!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
~*Sarah*~
~*Sarah*~
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum